What is your purpose?
Who is your audience?
When will you update?
- Do not use your last name.
- Don’t be specific when writing about yourself. eg. Say: “I play basketball with a local team” rather than “I play for the Mt Eliza Tigers”.
- Never give anyone your address, email address or phone number. You can keep in touch through the blog.
- Do not post photos of others without their permission.
- Don’t say anything that might be offensive to someone else.
- Be considerate of others. When commenting, show others that you have read what they have written rather than just saying “great job”.
- Be open to other people’s opinions, but be prepared to discuss your own position if you don’t agree.
- You know about good grammar, spelling and punctuation. Apply it!
- Save abbreviations and shortcuts for MSN and texting.
- You are broadcasting yourself to the world. Present yourself in the best possible light.
Today is Read Across America Day, in honor of this day, let's use our first blog post to get acquainted as readers. Let's discuss our reading histories.
- What reading experience has been most influential in your life?
- What books influenced you? What other reading materials influenced you?