I'm Prepared and Organized Daily
What are iPod Binders?
iPod Binders are a system of teaching organization and responsibility in students through creating and maintaining an organized binder with specific sections and folders. It's also a way to promote communication between parents and teachers easily, without backpack chaos! An iPod Binder is a 3-ring binder notebook that holds everything the students and parents need to keep updated on classroom and school events!
How will an iPod Binder help?
No more wrinkled papers in the bottom of backpacks! No more lost school notes, lost homework, lost classroom notes. No more missing filedtrip money! No more looking all over the house to find paper to write the teacher a note! Everything a student and parent needs is in one notebook!
Why are they called iPod Binders?
That's easy! Ms. Knight loves technology! I wanted to find a fun way to tie this awesome piece of technology into our classroom (perhaps we'll find other ways too - you never know) and make your binder something "hip" to have. In case you didn't know, iPod stands for I'm Prepared & Organized Daily.
How can I find out what's in an iPod Binder?
Soon I will have a picture of what is included in our iPod Binder. I may adjust this as the year goes on but in the meantime, here is a list:
- •2 1/2 " three ring binder: The student’s binder which holds important information for both you and your child. Keeping this organized will help your child be successful during their 4th grade school year.
- •Front Pocket: This pocket is for any notes or papers that can't wait until the Thursday packet and need to go home and STAY home.
- • (optional) 3-hole punch: This will enable students/parents to hole punch anything that needs to go into the binder.
- •Heavy Duty Pencil pouch: Please place any extra pencils, or money for the following things: lunch, field trips, book orders and donations into this pouch.
- •Index tabs for each subject: This will hold class notes and handouts for each subject.
- •Information Section for Parents & Students:
- Snack list of appropriate mid-morning or afternoon, snacks that your child may bring (depending on our schedule).
- Class list for your personal reference.
- Fourth Grade Information Packet: Please place the packet in this clear sleeve protector to refer to throughout the school year.
- Parent / Teacher Notes - Here you will find paper for us to correspond with each other. Please check here daily for any personal notes from me. You can write any notes you need to send here also. This eliminates that hunt for paper when you need to write a note about Johnny going to Grandma’s after school, and it solves the problem of lost notes. I do ask that you date each note and that you leave all correspondence in this section so that we can look back and remember any communications we may have had. This will help me remember what we've discussed and when we discussed it. Please have your child tell me if you have a note for me to read in this section and I will reply to your comments/questions. If your child does not tell me, I may not know that you have something for me to read.
- •Student Agenda: Your child will write his/her assignments in the agenda each day. Please sign it daily.
- •Back Homework Pocket: This pocket is for homework and papers that need to be completed at home.
- Take your iPod Binder home every night and bring it back to school each morning. DO NOT Leave your iPod Binder at home, daycare, on the bus/car or anywhere else.
- Take good care of your iPod Binder. It will be used all year. Keep it clean. You must not draw or doodle in your iPod Binder - Treat it with respect. Try not to have food or drink when working with your iPod Binder.
- Do not let any of your friends have anything out of your iPod Binder. It is yours, and you need everything in it to be successful.
- After your homework is completed put your homework in your iPod Binder and your binder in your book bag so you do not forget it.
- Understand the point of having an iPod Binder. The reason is to keep you organized, so keep IT organized! All papers go in your iPod Binder. There should be none in your desk at any time! Every paper has a home - put papers exactly where I say, when I say! Not later!
- 6.Share your iPod Binders with your parents everyday. Remove the stay at home papers every night. They will be proud you are being responsible and pleased to see all your accomplishments.
adapted with permission from © 2005-2010 Katie Jensen - All rights reserved